I have recently completed work on my 4th course for Pluralsight. This time I am doing a soft-skills and careers course for the library. The course is called, Conflict Resolution in the Workplace.
The course tackles how to spot the early stages of conflict and then drive to a suitable resolution.
The course aim is:
The aim is for you to be able to identify and deal with conflict before a crisis occurs.
And the course objectives are :
- Identify the different stages of conflict and describe what happens at each stage.
- Explore your own relationship with conflict and how it can affect performance.
- Demonstrate how to stop conflict from escalating and move both parties to agreement.
- Describe what your natural style is for dealing with conflict.
- Explain the process for the use of negotiation and/or mediation for conflict.
The course is useful to anyone that works in a professional team work environment and is suitable to all levels from junior team members through to managers and leaders.
The course tackles some of the following subjects.
- Detecting the warning signs of conflict.
- The stages to resolution.
- Identifying your conflict resolution style.
- Listening skills
- Assertive behaviour
- Your rights in the workplace
- Negotiating and Mediating
I have completed production on the course and I expect it to be out within the next month or so. It has been a fun course to research and write and I hope that it is useful to people.