In this article I have collated a few training links about ASP.NET SignalR. I will keep adding to this page as I find other useful free resources. If you have any videos or articles that you feel would be useful here then please let me know in the comments and I will add them to the post. I would like it to be an archive of good material.
I am a little late to the party with this one, but Microsoft recently announced the next version of ASP.NET MVC which will be version 6 and is code named vNext. What they are doing here is very cool and represents quite a major overhaul of the technology.
Here are the main features summarised :
- Optimized for Cloud and on premise servers.
- ASP.NET MVC and Web API have been merged into a single programming model.
- New JSON based project structure.
- No need to recompile for every change. Just hit save and refresh the browser.
- Compilation done with the new Roslyn real-time compiler.
- Dependency injection out of the box.
- Side by side deployment of the runtime and framework with your application.
- Everything packaged with NuGet, Including the .NET runtime itself.
- vNext is Open Source via the .NET Foundation and is taking public contributions.
- vNext (and Rosyln) also runs on Mono, on both Mac and Linux today.
I especially like the fact that WebAPI is being merged with MVC as this will make a much easier and cleaner framework to use for full stack development. Rest based API’s are now pretty much the in-thing when it comes to programming your back-end, so it is good to see that Microsoft are making things easier there.